Candy On My Mind Wall Art + Process

Tuesday, April 21, 2015


A couple of months ago I was commissioned by Andie of Andies Candies to create an original wall art illustration for her new candy store in Nigeria. She wanted a thought bubble filled with candy with the words "Candy On My Mind" so that whoever sat under it would look like he/she is thinking of candy (definitely a fun idea for pictures!).

Candy on my Mind wall art illustration for Andies Candies by Jeca Martinez

Below are a few of my initial sketches. I also sketched out a candy carnival/wonderland-themed design inspired by the cupcake ferris wheels on their candy buffet tables. This was the concept we decided to go with.

Candy on my Mind wall art initial sketches for Andies Candies by Jeca Martinez

Before I color my illustrations I like to make quick color sketches so I can immediately see how the piece would turn out. I had originally used pinks, purples, and yellows (left) to match the Andies Candies logo, but we went with rainbow colors (right) to go with a beautiful and colorful chair that would be placed under the wall art.

Candy on my Mind wall art color sketches for Andies Candies by Jeca Martinez

I'm so happy that the wall sticker turned out well! It's so exciting to see my illustration up as a wall decor all the way on the other side of the world! Congratulations to Andie for her successful shop opening!

Andies Candies candy shop, Nigeria

Andies Candies candy shop, Nigeria
Photos courtesy of Andies Candies

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @JecaMartinezArt