Animahenasyon 2014 Photo Diary

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I know it's a bit late (I'm sorry!) but I was finally able to compile this photo diary of Animahenasyon 2014.



This is the third time I've submitted an entry to Animahenasyon, but the first time I was able to go the actual festival. However because of work I was only able to attend the opening ceremony, the gala premiere for the student division entries, and the awards night.

(source)



Some goodies from the festival!


Funny story: The day I submitted my entry was the day I started showing symptoms of dengue fever. Then the day of the awards night, I woke up with a fever that came out of nowhere at 39°C (102.2°F)! Good thing it only lasted until that afternoon-- not like it would've stopped me from attending the awards night anyway! My mom and I are just bemused by the coincidence.



At the gala premiere for the student division.


My favorites were Hamster QuestPapelManang#That Social VirusKung Akin Ang Langit, and Kung Ako Ba Siya.

I would've loved to watch the professional division entries as well but...day job (sigh). By the way you can watch my entry Cupid's Serenade here!


At the awards night with my ever-present #1 supporter.



(source)
I honestly thought either Kung Akin Ang Lagit, or Kung Ako Ba Siya would win in my category but...guess what O_O



BTW I've already posted my thank yous in a Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook post, but let me copy-paste it here:
AHHH I still can’t believe this happened!  
*cue thank you speech*  
Thank you SO much again to all those who helped make Cupid’s Serenade possible: Paw Castillo, ate Monica Santiago, and kuya Janssen Munoz for bringing my characters to life with their spectacular voices; Norman Caraan, Nikki Caraan, and Carlo Lava for the amazing musical arrangement; and to my family and friends who were always there to support, help, and encourage me through thick and thin. Thank you also to the people behind Animahenasyon for organizing an event that inspires local animators to create original content year after year, and the jurors for choosing my entry. And of course to God whose presence and guidance I could feel throughout the creation of the project. 
This win wouldn’t have been possible without you!! ❤️

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @JecaMartinezArt