The Half-Blood Prince

Friday, August 30, 2013

Day six!!! Also another favorite from the series because it explored Voldemort's past.

I read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in about three days. Unfortunately while I was reading I wondered if anybody else had already finished the book, so I googled the ending (I guess it didn't occur to me that anyone could've just skipped to the last part of the book and posted what happened online :)) ). Try as I might to repress/deny the major spoiler I stumbled on, the damage was done. Lesson learned: never underestimate people on the internet :))

---

The other day as I was browsing Book Sale (a local secondhand book shop) I stumbled upon these treasures:


But the best one of them all...


I could NOT believe my luck when I saw this. Nate Wragg is one of my absolute favorite illustrators; his art style influenced the insanely beautiful Ratatouille end credits and he was one of the people behind the Ratatouille short film Your Friend The Rat. I'm still debating whether to get The Art of Ratatouille or The Art and Making of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs from Amazon because both films have some sort of 50's cartoon modern art influence, a style I love.

I also found a couple of bookshelves from a different store that were Buy 1 Take 1, so it was pretty much an amazing day for a book devourer such as myself :))

Now if only I can find a Pixar or Dreamworks or Sony Animation The Art of books in Book Sale.

Check out the previous gifs from this weeklong series below:
The Sorcerer's Stone
The Chamber of Secrets
The Prisoner of Azkaban 
The Goblet of Fire 
The Order of the Phoenix

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @JecaMartinezArt