The Deathly Hallows

Saturday, August 31, 2013

And finally...day seven!

Anybody else remember the anticipation, the immense inexpressible excitement when Mary Grandpre's cover artwork was released, the leak of the identity of R.A.B., the countdown to July 21 2007, the careful rereading of books 1-6 and the over analyzing of the final book cover in the hunt for possible clues to what will happen in book 7, and all the speculation and theories that came after (sidenote: I think I had a notebook filled with these haha); the book launch events left and right, and the glorious moment when you finally hold in your hands THE final book in a series that you've literally grown with?

I was on a self-imposed lockdown when the book was released. It's actually pretty funny now that I think about the lengths I went through to avoid spoilers at ALL costs. I wanted to participate in the book launch events but I was worried that I'll accidentally hear spoilers, so I brought a portable cd player and headphones and blasted my ears with music whenever I was in a crowd :)) Then when I finally got home I avoided the phone and the internet, and spent the weekend in my room just reading and eating some Gardenia black forest-flavored bread to stay awake :)) Luckily I finished the book spoiler-free in just two days!

I feel very happy and lucky to have been born in an era where I got to be a part of such a crazy fandom as this :))


Check out all the gifs in this Minimalist Harry Potter animated gif series below:
The Sorcerer's Stone
The Chamber of Secrets
The Prisoner of Azkaban 
The Goblet of Fire 
The Order of the Phoenix
The Half-Blood Prince 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram @JecaMartinezArt