In The Forest

Monday, September 10, 2012


I'm currently loving illustrations of lone animals in forests with dramatic lighting, so I tried drawing one of my own of a wee little dormouse bathed in a patch of sunlight shining through some trees.

This drawing (which took around 8-ish hours) is greatly influenced by an AMAZING artist I recently discovered: Robin Joseph (aka Patch of Orange), mainly of the illustrations from this post. I just love how the sun was shining through the trees, so I wanted to try it myself. I also wanted to try drawing a furry animal with light coming from behind it so that its outline glows, like in this scene in the movie "Bolt" when Bolt and Rhino were about to rescue Mittens from the shelter.

Hope you guys like it :) And I hope it doesn't come out looking too dark in Mac screens.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @JecaMartinezArt