Art Class Homework (weeks 3 and 4)

Monday, May 14, 2012

After tackling a pile of paperwork, contracts and various requirements, it feels so good to be finally done with my OJT's and get back to blogging! I'll be posting the non-confidential projects I worked on soon, but for the meantime here are my art class homeworks from weeks 3-4 . If you follow my Tumblr, you might've seen these already :)

For week 3, we learned about drawing with oil pastels. I wish I had this knowledge when I was taking my History of Art and Design class because all our homework had to be done in oil pastels.

The Apple Basket


The drawing looks way better in real life than in this picture. I've gotta save up for a scanner...

For week 4, we learned about drawing abstract art using oil pastels. Our homeworks were two objective abstract illustrations and another still-life illustration.

This first one's inspired by how ridiculously hot it can get here in Manila where the only refuge are air conditioned rooms. 

Summer in Manila


In contrast, my second abstract illustration made use of cooler colors. I was inspired by that time of day when the sky gets so blue that everything you look at has a blue tinge to it, and it all feels so serene, pensive and infinite.

Sailing at Dusk
And for the last homework, since I got a bit weary of drawing fruits I decided to draw some pizza :)) It kinda reminds me of those illustrations on the walls of pizza restaurants

Sill Life Pizza
My art class buddy, fellow artist and close friend Mandee just got herself an art blog (Hi Schmanders! haha) Go check it out here :D

Hope everybody had a good weekend :)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Instagram @JecaMartinezArt