The Girl On Fire

Monday, April 02, 2012

I know it's a little late, but I only found the time to do this while I was procrastinating waiting for part of my 3d final project to render.



So I watched The Hunger Games last Monday and I. LOVE. IT. I don't know why some people are saying it's not good or that it doesn't do justice to the book. Of course the book is a lot more complete than the movie, but for an adaptation I think it really was done well :) I particularly liked all that extra stuff they added to the movie since the books are mostly Katniss' thoughts, and those extra scenes helped explain/interpret these thoughts to audiences who haven't read the novels.

I tried a couple of different things with this illustration. First I drew it in black and white, then added colors as a separate layer after, which I think helped since I was able to focus more on the shapes and angles of my reference image without having to worry about getting the colors right. Another thing I tried is using more than two brushes and playing around with the brush spacing, which I probably will do more from now on.


Can't wait for Catching Fire and Mockingjay!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @JecaMartinezArt